The Administration and Programs Centre Manager reports to the Executive Director of the Kawartha Lakes Food Source (KLFS).
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Administration and Programs Centre Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day office operation of the Kawartha Lakes Food Source. The Administration and Programs Centre Manager will ensure that KLFS operates in keeping with all Board policies, relevant legislation and within the fair share guidelines.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administration and Programs Centre Manager has the following responsibilities:
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- Oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day office operations of the office staff and programming
- In partnership with Executive Director, develops proposals and budgets for new services for review and approval by the Board
- Oversees the implementation of new programs or services, and monitors progress
- Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures governing the volunteer program
- Monitors existing and emerging poverty and hunger-related issues in the City of Kawartha Lakes
- Participates in management meetings to ensure the overall efficient and effective operations of the organization.
- Ensures key message is embedded in website content, social media and all communications
- In partnership with staff, acts as the media spokesperson for the organization when appropriate, preparing and distributing press releases and participating in media interviews on behalf of the organization
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships with member agencies, community groups, media and other organizations to help achieve the organization’s goals
- Prepares and ensures distribution of thank you letters to donors and all associated tracking
- Oversees the creation and distribution of flyers for events and community display board materials
- Liaises with designer and oversees the creation and distribution of bi-monthly newsletter and distribution
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the website and related updates
- Oversees the development and coordination of social media messaging and posting schedule, by working and with staff
- In collaboration with Executive Director, prepares foundation/grant applications, reports and tracking
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Supports Executive Director with recruitment process, provides orientation, direct supervision where appropriate and performance evaluations of all office/program staff
- Ensures compliance with all relevant legislation including employment standards, workplace health and safety and human rights legislation
- Implements the human resource policies and recommends changes where appropriate
- Develops and implements plans for ongoing staff development and training
- Supports staff and volunteers by fostering a positive working environment where both individual achievement and team collaboration are encouraged
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Receive donations (financial and food), record appropriate information, complete tracking and send thank you letters in a timely manner
- Governance support including preparation of Board package, attendance at monthly meetings, and taking and preparing minutes
- Supports fundraising initiatives as needed
- Supports the Executive Director, by assuming other tasks as directed.
- Manage annual membership renewal: invoicing, proof of insurance, signed agreements with both primary (food banks) and secondary (schools and emergency/social services) members
- Attend all Member Agency Advisory Group meetings
- Review Terms of Reference and Membership Agreement with MAAG chair and co-chair, and recommend updates as needed
- With Executive Director, attend annual one-on-one visits with each food bank, to provide support and ensure implementation of agreement
- Provide support to Link2Feed and ensure proper tracking and associated trouble shooting
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Two to three years’ experience in an entry to mid-level management position preferably in not for profit environment or member based organization
- Understanding of poverty and hunger issues, and food security and food sovereignty
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity at using social media as a marketing tool
- Effective problem-solving, conflict resolution skills and mediation skills
- Ability to make a decision
- Strong human resource management skills and thorough understanding of relevant legislation
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective motivational and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and community
- Strong public relations and media skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and reliability
This position is for one (1) year and is full time (5 days a week/37.5 hrs per week) and starting rate is $46,000/yr. Some weekend and evening work will be expected with advanced notice.
To apply, please send resume on or before 4:30 pm on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Please submit resume to email@example.com or in person at 41 George Street West, Lindsay.
Thank you to all who take the time to submit, however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.