Distribution Centre Assistant is a 3 day a week position with hours between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm on Monday to Friday.
The Distribution Centre Assistant reports to the Distribution Centre Manager when on duty, or the Executive Director.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, inspect and stock food from reclamation companies and other sources
- Set-out volunteer staff responsibilities
- Train & supervise volunteer
- Disburse inventory on a first-in, first-out basis
- Initiate inventory control records for receipt of donated items
- Perform monthly inventory count
- Prepare individual order sheets from computer print out
- Pack the food cartons for member orders
- Receive the monthly number count from member agencies through a standardized software
- Liaise with and arrange food redistribution with member agencies
- Maintain general housekeeping: waste management pick-up, recycle pick-up
- Operate in accordance with FeedON/Food Banks Canada guidelines
- Ensure warehouse is operating to meet Health Unit requirements
- Participate at food drives and community fundraising events
- Other duties as the Distribution Centre Supervisor and/or Executive Director deems necessary
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Very comfortable with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a face paced environment
- Up-to-date certification in Fork Lift operation an asset
- First aid certification an asset
- Work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Flexible with working hours.
Knowledge of distribution centre operation and social services would be an asset.
This is a physically demanding position that includes non-repetitive bending, lifting and walking for the duration of the day.
HOURS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Some evenings and weekends are required for this position.
This is a “front-line” position that is an essential service to the community and requires the successful candidate to work on-site.
The Kawartha Lakes Food Source takes the health and safety of our team serious at all times, and has strict COVID-19 policies in place to ensure that no member of our team or our community has to compromise their health to support us or to access support. Personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfecting supplies are readily available for our team and physical distancing measures remain enforced for the foreseeable future.
The Kawartha Lakes Food Source is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics as mentioned in the Employment Equity Act.
Applications are to be emailed to Heather Kirby, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID-19, emailed applications are preferred. However, if you do not have access to email or the internet, you may drop your application off in person at 164 Needham Street, Lindsay by Thursday, November 5 at 4:00 pm.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and a reference list containing two reference contacts. Only successful applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.