The Lindsay Community Food Market (LCFM) is a non-traditional food bank owned and operated by the Kawartha Lakes Food Source which emphasizes the importance of choice and dignity in food banking.
This position is the lead staff at the off-site Lindsay Community Food Market. This position will be responsible for managing current food bank operations, as well as implementing, coordinating, and tracking the success of a new and innovative food literacy program component.
REPORTING TO: Administration and Programs Centre Manager
- Oversee LCFM operations
- Seek, train, and manage volunteers, including scheduling for operations and pick ups
- Manage and track inventory including food production and purchasing
- Establish food drives and fundraising events in partnership with KLFS
- Establish and maintain an LCFM monthly budget
- Plan for, implement, and track the new food literacy program component of LCFM; including a community kitchen, a garden, and cooking classes
- Pick up food orders from grocery stores and the distribution centre regularly – access to a reliable vehicle will be required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Organized, decisive, and innovative are necessary attributes
- Management experience is an asset; leadership qualities are paramount
- Conflict management and sensitive communication
- Tracking and reporting are essential and required skills
- Project coordination experience is valued
- Takes initiative and is creative to achieve deliverables
- Knowledge of food production, food preparation, and food systems are an asset
- Familiarity with, and a passion for our community
- Commitment to poverty reduction and food security
HOURS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a one-year, full time position (40 hours/week). 15 hours of the week are strictly dedicated to food bank operations and 25 hours are dedicated to the food literacy component. After the conclusion of the one year, the position will become part time, with the staff person continuing to work 15 hours each week coordinating the food bank. The position may remain full time if funding continues to be available.
Some evenings and weekends are required for this position.
Due to COVID-19, typical food bank operations have been significantly altered. This is a “front-line” position, and requires the successful candidate to work on-site, and make work related visits to food stores.
The Kawartha Lakes Food Source takes the health and safety of our team serious at all times, and has strict COVID-19 policies in place to ensure that no member of our team or our community has to compromise their health to support us or to access support. Personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfecting supplies are readily available for our team and social distancing measures remain enforced for the foreseeable future.
The Kawartha Lakes Food Source is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics as mentioned in the Employment Equity Act.
Applications are to be emailed to Heather Kirby, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID-19, emailed applications are preferred. However, if you do not have access to email or the internet, you may drop your application off in person at 41 George St W, Lindsay ON. We are open Monday – Friday, between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and a reference list containing two reference contacts. Only successful applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Applications are due by Thursday, June 25th at 12:00 PM.