We are seeking a Lindsay Community Food Market Coordinator.
The Lindsay Community Food Market is operated by and is an extension of the Kawartha Lakes Food Source.
This position will be the lead staff at the newly established
Lindsay Community Food Market. The Food
Market relies on a group of dedicated volunteers to operate and support those
who do not have enough with non-perishable and fresh food, as well as referrals
to other agencies if needed.
CLICK HERE FOR JOB DESCRIPTION.
- Oversight of Food Market operations
- Seek and manage volunteers, including scheduling for operations
and pick ups
- Manage and track inventory
- Establish food drives and fundraising event in partnership with
- Establish and maintain Food Market monthly budget
- Track and report on Food Market operation and best practices
- Train three (3) volunteers in all of these aspects and
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Strong verbal and written communicator is essential
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience is required
- Ability to work independently and with a volunteer team
- Tracking and reporting are essential and required skills
- Project coordination experience is valued
- Organized, decisive, and innovative are desired attributes
- Ability to use social media as a marketing tool
- Takes initiative and is creative to achieve deliverables
- Commitment to the cause
This position is seven (7)
month, part time (15 hours per week on set days) and rate of $16.75/hr.
Evenings and weekends are
required for this position.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 41 George Street West, Lindsay on or before Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
Only those selected for an interview will
be contacted and those requiring accommodation can request them at this time.
Thank you for your time to prepare your submission