We are looking for a FoodRescue.ca Coorindator! Thanks to a funding partnership with Second Harvest, Kawartha Lakes Food Source is a pilot community for their program expansion.
This position is intended to introduce FoodRescue.ca into the town of Lindsay. The successful candidate will be required to identify, recruit and engage social service agencies and food businesses in the use of FoodRescue.ca and provide the required support necessary to expand the system into the marketplace.
with businesses, staff, volunteers, and stakeholders to gain support for this
new method of food rescue;
a minimum of 15 social service organizations, schools-based nutrition programs
and community service agencies;
board a minimum of 15 food donors;
9,000 lbs. of food, the equivalent of 9,000 meals and avoids 16,714 lbs. of GHG
emissions through FoodRescue.ca;
ongoing relationship building with agencies to further expand food rescue;
training with employees/volunteers and solicit input to improve our program;
and maintain accurate records of activities and generate reports about the
program; (h)Support the planning and coordination of activities for this new
and evaluate risks associated with program activities and act to control any
with other Second Harvest staff to ensure effective and efficient program
assistance in planning and hosting a regional FoodRescue.ca workshop for food
donors and social service organizations
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Excellent stakeholder and partnership building skills are required
- Experience in sales and cold calls would be a strong asset
- Strong verbal and written communicator is essential
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Project coordination experience is valued
- Tracking and reporting are essential and required skills
- Organized, decisive, and innovative are desired attributes
- Ability to use social media as a marketing tool
- Takes initiative and is creative to achieve deliverables
- Commitment to the cause
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable car are expected
This position is one year, full time (5 days a week/37.5 hrs per week) and rate of $16.75/hr.
Occasional evenings and weekends will be necessary for this position.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or drop off at 41 George Street West, Lindsay on or before Monday, April 15, 2019.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
and those requiring accommodation can request them at this time.
Thank you for your time to prepare your submission.