If you would like to make a donation, we accept cash, cheques, MasterCard, Visa or food. You can make an online financial donation at the Canada Helps website or via PayPal. A $10 donation allows us to distribute $60 worth of food. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $20 or more.
Have a Food Drive
Sponsor a food drive for KLFS. Collect food items in lieu of gifts for your upcoming birthday or anniversary, or have a work challenge with your colleagues. Contact us for help in setting this up. If you need brochures we can provide them.
Hold a Fundraiser
You can organize your own fundraiser. Click here to learn more about it.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities and for further details please contact the volunteer coordinator at 705-324-0707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sort various non-perishable food items
• Read and check expiration dates
• Lifting approx. 30 pounds
• Standing for 2-3 hour period of time
• Plan and coordinate events/food drives
• Assist with events – i.e. Food drives or fundraising activities
• Pick up food donations and food barrels at various locations in the community
• Morning bread pick up
• Gardening (weeding/planting/watering/harvesting)
• Brainstorming and group work
• Request food and or cash donations
• Strategic planning skills
• Marketing skills
• Finance skills
• Committee work
• Public representation of the organization via events etc….
• Direct impact on helping to reduce hunger in the community
• Community investment
• Make new friends/networking
• Volunteer of the month recognition program
• Learn new skills
• Build your resume
• Flexible hours
• Annual recognition event/dinner for volunteers with a minimum of 25 hours donated per year
• Coaching/mentoring opportunities
• Comfortable interacting with public and asking for support.
• Driver’s license/access to transportation.
• Some weekend availability for events.
• Canadian Police Information Check /personal references required.
• Time commitment varies based on activity/event
• Safety specific clothing if in warehouse volunteer role
• Ability to work in a team
• Committee meeting attendance varies from monthly to bi-monthly.
If interested, please fill out the following form, and click ‘Submit’.