How to donate to Kawartha Lakes Food Source
Kawartha Lakes Food Source operates from a centralized distribution centre. We collect food from reclamation sources, food drives and donations; buy food in bulk (milk, eggs and fruit); promote awareness of hunger and its impact; coordinate fundraising; and sort and distribute food on a ‘fair share’ basis to our nine member food banks. We also support twenty-one schools with fruit and milk weekly and non-perishable items on a monthly basis.
Our holiday hours:
December 25 and 26: CLOSED
December 27 and 28: Open 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
December 31 and January 1: CLOSED
January 2, 3 and 4: Open 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
To make a financial donation:
- Online: click the DONATE NOW button on our website, or search Canada Helps or Pay Pal for our profile
- Mail: cheques to: Kawartha Lakes Food Source, Box 123, Lindsay, ON, K9V 4R8
- Telephone: provide credit card information, receipts will be mailed
- In person: Cash, cheque, credit or debit cards
We are very grateful for your gifts. With your support, we are able to continue to purchase milk, eggs and fruit. We are also able to cover other operational expenses such as:
- Trucking. We go to Toronto monthly to pick up reclamation food
- Open Gardens. To help us expand our existing beds to be able to provide more fresh, local produce to those in need
- Overhead. Rent, telephone, internet, insurance, etc.
Thank you so very much.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.